The big talent in rally Pontus Tidemand 21 years old has signed a development contract with Norwegian Even Rally for the 2012 season. By working with Even Rally Pontus will improve his ability to reach the goal as a professional rally driver on a world and professional level.
Even Rally is the management company in motorsport who is behind of Andreas Mikkelsen who won this year’s IRC series
– It’s a great chance I get. Having the support from Even Rally, which has extensive experience in management in motorsport will be of much help for me to get to the next level with both the driving, physics and everything else needed to be able to be in world top of rally, says a satisfied Pontus.
The first step for Pontus in 2012 is to driving a Skoda Fabia Super 2000 run and prepared by Even Rally in the Swedish Rally Championship (SM). In addition to SM there are planned a couple of international events in the SWRC and/or IRC.
Pontus is a part of the Swedish Automobile Association’s national team and covered by a elite and talent perspective, a targeted effort to highlight the young Swedish drivers.
– We have worked to Pontus to have this place, and there is a natural step for him to get to the very top, says ASN President Thomas Jansson.
– It takes a long-term effort to get out our Swedish talents, and this contract with Even Rally is a good example of how the ASN works with teams, says Jansson.
One of those behind the Even Rally is Erik T. Veiby from Kongsvinger, Norway who has followed Pontus development in recent years.
– We have known Pontus from the beginning of his career and have seen how quickly he has developed. A great talent that we can now work closer with and who we believe has what it takes to reach very far, says Erik.
– I am really looking forward to next season’s program, to get progress in my developing so I’m ready for a full international program in 2013, says Pontus.